While contemplating marketing strategies for your business, it’s imperative that you take into consideration all possible factors before you make that final decision. An in-depth understanding of the broad classification of the marketing spectrum; Digital Marketing and Traditional Marketing will surely pave the way to an efficient marketing plan.
What is Traditional Marketing?
Traditional Marketing or Offline marketing is a broad category of marketing that involves the use of marketing tools that have been put to use by companies for tens of years to promote their business. This type of marketing includes tools like signage, billboards, brochures, flyers, telemarketing, print media, etc.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital, Online and Modern Marketing are synonymous with one another. At the other end of the marketing spectrum, Digital Marketing involves the use of digital technology, primarily the internet.
This type of marketing involves the usage of tools like Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Marketing, Content Marketing, Influencer Marketing, and Email Marketing to name a few.
The following factors would give you insights to both the ends of this spectrum in order to help you devise your strategies:
- Audience Targeting:If you choose the path of traditional marketing, audience targeting is one of the roadblocks you must be ready to face, as traditional marketing does not allow you to target a specific market segment. On the contrary, Digital marketing allows you to market your product specifically to the audience it would cater to.
- Personal Touch:If your product/service or business requires you to have a personal touch towards each potential customer, Traditional marketing would give you more leeway to have direct interactions. While Digital marketing limits the factor of giving a personal touch as face to face interaction is restricted.
- Engagement Factor:Customers/clients are given tools like liking, commenting, reviewing, sharing on social media platforms, which make it easier for your company to directly interact with your customers by means of Digital marketing. Traditional Marketing minimizes the engagement factor as it makes you less approachable by your customers.
- Brand Recall:When a potential customer is constantly made to notice tools like billboards, signage, prints on other means of transport, it creates a brand recall value, which makes traditional marketing still hold its place in the marketing industry today. As a counter to this, Digital Marketing makes use of Re-marketing, yet re-marketing would require the customer’s intent in the first place.
- Reach:The digital space has a reach beyond one’s expectations; hence digital marketing could virtually help you tap on any part of the world while being in one place. Traditional marketing, however, would only keep your reach limited to generally a local level.
- Expenses:With reference to the expenses that you may incur, Digital Marketing has proven to be a much cheaper medium for the extent of reach that it provides. To target the same volume of reach by Traditional marketing means would require you to have a large investment.
- Data analysis and ROI:After having spent a considerable amount towards marketing, you would certainly wish to be able to obtain certain data and be able to measure your ROI. While Digital Marketing makes it easy for you to access all the data you would need and allow you to measure the ROI, Traditional Marketing does not assist you with either of the two.
- Competitive factor:Traditional Marketing is more of a generic method of marketing; however, with the current state of the constant growth of the digital space, the competitive factor comes majorly into play and poses as a challenge in the digital marketing industry.
After taking into consideration all the factors above, it would be safe for us to conclude that while Traditional marketing tools are actively used at present, Digital Marketing is the way forward for you if you wish to market your business in a more resourceful manner, leading to greater success.
We at Spicetree Design Agency (SDA) Digital Marketing Agency in Mumbai have been paving the way for our clients, helping them achieve their goals successfully with our wide array of services. Reach out to us now for a free consultation.